News

Bomb scare at Iman Hussain Mosque in Kwazulu-Natal

BY DUMI SIGOGO

DURBAN- There was a bomb scare on Sunday night at Iman Hussain Mosque in KwaZulu-Natal after emergency services and police found what appears to be a bomb.

Security firm, Reaction Unit South Africa, spokesperson Prem Balram said the surrounding properties had been evacuated as a precautionary measure.

He said: “The device connected to a Nokia mobile phone was found under the Moulanas chair. It was moved by a worshipper.”

The same mosque was stormed by three men half balaclavas on Thursday afternoon and slit the throat of one person and two others were wounded in the attack.

The motive for the attack is not yet known.

 

New African Gazette
New African Gazette is an online portal for, by and about Africa, Operating in London & Johannesburg, we aggregate and produce news and current affairs covering various topics.